Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Moving out from Laurel Canyon Apartment.


Last month I moved out from my apartment in Laurel Canyon Area. I hate dealing with the moving part of it and will do anything to avoid the horrible stress of caring hundreds of boxes and furniture--So I hired a moving company I founded on Yelp. They are called Royal Movers.

When I first met the movers I was a bit skeptical in seeing a Giant yellow truck with no adds or any kind of label indicating they are the actual "Royal Movers." Naturally, I freaked out when I saw these two buff  dudes come out of it. They were two young Russians and and their shirts were a bit too short for them. They were also wearing super tight shorts. That made me very uncomfortable ---



So I asked them: "Are you guys sure you are with the Royal Movers?  Maybe you got the wrong address." 

They proudly pointed to the "Royal Movers" logo in their shirts and with utter indignation they said:  "Have that ever happened to you?"




As soon as we arrived at my apartment, they started their moving job. They spoke loudly in Russian while executing their tasks. I wasn't sure why they were having so much laughter. Possibly they were making fun at my face or something...not sure...



Then,  I asked one of the movers to disasemble my bed. He got so distressed.  He started saying how Ikea products are so shitty...and then he would say after it.."No offense".  He was pissed because of Ikea's Shittiness and not because he didn't like me or anything. I understood his point. After I saw how much stress he went through by dissembling that bed I arrived at his same conclusion and started to simpathise with them.  



Even though the Mover didn't like my Ikea bed, he loved one of our old chairs. It actually belonged to Kate's grandma from South Dakota. The mover said in thick Russian accent: "This chair has a true American authenticity." He was indeed an expert in the craft of furniture. I was starting to really bound with my new Russian friends.




Besides being friendly, they were incredibly hard working. I never saw people carry so many boxes at once. Probably a Russian skill.



They were also extremely careful and wrapped up every single piece of furniture. It was fun watching them go around wrapping the stuff. It was as if they were in the middle of an intense cardio. While one of them run around the furniture several times with the plastic wrap, the other would hold the furniture and jump in-and-out of the way from the other in complete unison. They would sing together Russian melodies that sounded beautiful but completely unintelligible to me.  I was starting to love these guys. They were my new best friends.



Then, the service was complete. All moved! One of the movers calculated the final costs and got me a great discount in the end.  He asked me if it would be okay to give him a yelp review at the same time he gave me the discount.  That was so much fun! We got to simultaneously support each other! I asked them why they need my yelp review. After all, they had many great reviews already and didn't quite need mine. They said the more positive reviews they get, the better the chances for them to work in a Big Mansion next time.  



The other buff mover said in Strong Russian accent: "ONE DAY MR. MATSUDA  HAVE BIG MANSION. MR. MATSUDA PLEASE WORRK WITH RROYAL MOVERRS FRRIENDS AGAIN WHEN HAVE BIG MANSION".

I said Absolutely! I love how optimistic he was and that he truly believed I was going to have my own mansion one day. Those are the kind of friends we need in life to keep the dream alive.



And then, just like that, they had to go. It was hard to say good bye to my new friends but I guess that how life goes. We meet people, get close to them, and in a blink of an eye, they have to go somewhere else. 



I would recommend Royal Movers to everyone moving out in LA area. If you are lucky enough you might be able to get my Russian friends as movers. Thank you for the amazing work, Royal Movers!

No comments: